Friday 15 February 2013

Hisashiburi!!

Oh gosh!! How long has it been since I last made an appearance? Let's see...1 month....2 months....3?....Ohmigawd it's been 10 months!! >.> nonetheless...I've come back to blogging and that's all that matters. This time, with more hype to write and add in some of my current life details as well. =) for those who have been following, I apologise for the long absence *kneel and bow*. I'll make sure to update my blog every week even if it means using up my sleep time!!

Lots of stuff happened while I was away from blogging. My life continued on from temporary work and back to finishing up my tertiary education. I enrolled myself in a university which I hope to have an affiliation with the Japanese university I'm aiming for. Apparently...not.. It's hard looking for a university linking to a overseas university with a good reputation, let alone a Japanese one ( well, that's the case for Malaysia ). But since there isn't a choice, I will just have to forge my own one. As a science student from my high school years, I'm quite new to the business field. Economy, finance, management, accounting, all these new subjects would be replacing the void which was filled with knowledge of the human body, plants, physics, chemistry, but of course, they will still remain as a fragment in my mind for future reference or general knowledge. Anyways, I took up a degree in Business, Marketing being my initial major for try.

The first few days was as expected. As I stayed with my cousin, I have to travel a long 26km to reach my university. Got lost on the first morning and reached 2 hours later upon departure. The environment compared to my previous college is totally different. Students of different semesters are placed into the same class, where existing students formed groups among themselves, leaving the freshmen confused and wondering who is new here and who is not. You may be saying "why not just join in, there's nothing to be shy about". Well, not till class is over. You'd be left alone as they leave. As for me.. I was lucky to find some friends on my 2nd day, and might I say, I appreciate their presence up till this day.

I joined a club shortly after, and knowing my love for Japan, you'd have guessed it, I joined the Japanese society of my university...............which did not exist. Apparently, they were disbanded along with the seniors from previous years. Having known of this, I felt heavy-hearted but the department of student affairs gave me some hope as they told me of a recently-formed club - Japanese Otaku Guild. The people there would then change my university life from what I thought would be dull to awesome and indescribable.

From the way my university works, student club activities are mostly carried out on Wednesdays ( all clubs except a few ). As I counted the days, the 2nd Wednesday of my semester drew closer and finally on that sunny day ( literally as how I remembered it ), I drove down to my university, parked my car and went to the location where the person in-charged told me the activity will be held. As I approached the room, my heart raced and my mind was going through again and again how I would introduce myself. I pushed the door open and there they were..........dancing. Ah~ first week of club activities was dance cover for Cirno's Perfect Math class ( link below ). The president spotted me and trying to act as confidence and jolly, I bid hello with a smile. She did the same in a very cute matter. From that moment, I knew I would somehow feel much more comfortable with my new found friends.

<<  Here we go C = Minna~~~ Cirno no sansu jyuugyou hajimaru yo~~ Ganbatte tsuite odotte kudasai ne~ <3


Everyone in the club were all hyper and easy to talk to. Although the club had only 10 members or less at that time, till this day, our members exceed 50 in numbers within just 1 year of establishment. I do hope these numbers grow and so does our fanbase.

A little something about my club~~
Having the word otaku inside doesn't mean we lock ourselves in the house everyday fantasizing about our favourite anime characters and collecting them. It's actually to emphasize our love for anything Japanese and to make it even cooler, we added the word Guild. Basically, we will cover anything Japanese related. From manga, anime, culture, fashion, dance, music, festivals, food, gossip and stars. Anything you can think of, we'd think of it before.



Things sped up a little. Days became weeks, weeks became months, I took my exams, qualified and carried on with 2 following semester. Along the way, we carried out some awesome activities like sushi making, song cover for Life's Like a Boat ( link below ), workouts, myth story telling, yukata wearing class, Bon Odori Malaysia trip, attended anime events like Animagaki, Comic Fiesta, and our very own C2AGE organised by our university. And as some of the days that we'd have to stay till 6 in the evening for classes, we would drive down to the nearest leisure mall just to chill and wait till the jam subsides. Oh, and because of that, me and some of our club members kinda got hooked to an arcade game called ParaParaParadise 2nd Mix ( picture below ).



^^^ CALLING ALL BLEACH FANS!!!                               ^^^ Paraparaparadise 2nd mix machine :D
I'm sure you'd heard this countless times =3
Rie Fu's Life is Like a Boat


By the 2rd semester which took place starting from October till December, I was concentrating on my club and providing ideas for upcoming events as well as getting to know everyone better. One of the most memorable events would be our Butler Cafe~~ Edelweiss Garden! Ufufufufu. How would you like to see me in a butler's uniform? Well.. you'd have to head on down to my facebook to check it out then =)

As for the remaining days till the end of the year, I simply spent it on studying for the exams which lasted till the 19th of December... 2 days before Comic Fiesta. Of which, I went cosplaying as Kamui Gakupo.. ah... I'm definitely not worthy of cosplaying as him > <

After that, came new year's day. The semester started again on the 15th of January and seeing how it's the start of the year with so many holidays, I can't help but still feel nonchalant and carefree. Holiday mode on~~

And now... the midst of Chinese New Year, and the end of my holidays... I will have to calm down and concentrate on my studies again. Wouldn't want to let my parents down now, would I? ^^

That's all for now folks. The next episode will be a continuation of my Japan trip, which.... I will have to wait till my old notebook gets back from the repair shop... all my photos are still in there. Roger and out people       : D

~~Alvinkhun~~

No comments:

Post a Comment